Getting design sign off for a website can be a painful process for both the client and designer.
Too busy to watch?
The nice people at SXSW have compressed my entire talk into a 5 minute summary. Perfect if you are a hyper busy and important executive.
Getting design approval can be like pulling teeth. Clients seem to make irrational decisions based on personal opinion. They ignore our expertise, reducing us to pixel pushers. However, it does not need to be this way. With good communication and a sound methodology, design sign off can be pain free.
What you will learn
- Why your clients do not trust you
- Why clients micro manage
- Why you need to involve clients earlier in the design process
- Why designers are their own worst enemy
- How mood boards and wireframes can ease design sign off
- How to build your clients’ confidence in your abilities
- How to handle client feedback
- How to avoid design by committee
- How to make a client feel invested in your design
- Why it is important never to say no to a client