In my post entitled The Recruitment Crisis, I shared my belief that the competition to hire experienced digital staff is going to become increasingly fierce as digital becomes an ever more crucial component of business success. I went on to outline ways that organisations can attract and retain good digital staff.
In next week’s podcast I want to explore this subject further and really get to the heart of what web professionals look for from their employer.
With that in mind, if you work in the web, I want to open up the comments and ask you to share your thoughts on the following questions…
- Why do you stay with your current employer?
- What factors do you consider when applying for a job?
- How important is salary to you in your selection?
- What areas do you think employers are particularly weak in when it comes to supporting digital staff?
- Does location matter anymore when it comes to who you work for? Are you happy to work remotely?
- How important is working environment to you?
- What management style suits you most?
- How highly do you rate training as a job requirement?
- What perks have you heard of that you would you like to have in your job?
Feel free to answer as many or as few of the above questions as you like.