How do you know if your digital channels are successful? Do you have key performance indicators for your use of digital? If you do, when was the last time you checked them.
A key factor in ensuring the success of your use of digital is to measure its performance often and identify areas to improve. A digital audit will give you:
- A vision of what role digital plays in your organisation.
- A clear picture of where it is failing to fulfil that role.
- Specific issues that need to be addressed and the importance of each.
- A roadmap outlining how your use of digital can be improved over time.
At the end of the process you will have a document that is a SWOT analysis of your digital channels. It will highlight their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. It will cover areas such as:
- Social media engagement and reach.
- User experience.
- Search engine optimisation.
- Content quality.
- Calls to action.
- The performance of your competition.
- An analysis of your analytics.
- Resourcing and management.
If you have concerns over a particular area (e.g. the user experience) then I can focus more on that area. But I will always provide a holistic overview to put the site in context.
The report won’t just list issues with your use of digital. It will also prioritise them, suggest possible fixes and even look at underlying organisational factors that might be causing the problems.
Before I can review your digital channels I need to understand their role. That means talking to stakeholders to discuss business objectives and success criteria. This might be a workshop at your offices or a simple Skype call. Don’t worry if you are unsure what your goals are, we can work through them together.
Following that initial discussion I start a research phase. This consists of two elements:
- Qualitative. This is where my 20 years experience in digital and working with hundreds of clients come in. I bring my expert knowledge to bear to identify issues around user experience, content and calls to action.
- Quantitive. I use a range of tools to analyse your sites SEO, performance and social media engagement.
Once the research is complete I document my findings. This will include next steps to improve your approach.
There are no shortage of people who will provide you with this kind of review. No doubt many of them will charge less than me.
What I have going for me is the sheer number of clients I have worked with over the years. And not small clients either. Clients such as universities, national charities and major ecommerce brands.
Combine this with my connections with the leading minds in the digital field. Connections that are experts in fields such as SEO, branding, user experience, site performance and more. This gives me a wealth of experience and expertise to draw upon.
But if in doubt, get in touch and we can discuss my suitability.