This week on the boagworld podcast Paul chats with Aral Balkan, one of the leading figures in the open source flash community.
In our previous podcasts on flash we focused very much on the dangers associated with adding flash to your site. Although this was a necessary discussion it gave a somewhat one sided view of what is a very exciting technology. Therefore we thought it would be a good idea to redress the balance by looking at just how much flash has matured over the last couple of years.
Paul and Aral discuss:
- How Aral got into flash development
- Flashes capabilities beyond the basic animation for which it has become known
- Flash video
- The accessibility problems surrounding flash
- Printing with flash
- Flash applications and how they interact with the humble web browser
- Adobe’s new flash development platform
- The flash open source community
- The open source flash media server
- Some general principles of good flash design
- The future of flash
Also in this episode of boagworld Paul and Marcus discuss whether accessibility is holding back the world of web design and how to write a good CV as a freelance web designer.