This week on the boagworld podcast we look at why return on investment should be at the heart of our approach to website development.
I know what you’re thinking; “not the most riveting subject”. However, don’t let that put you off. Although return on investment might not float your boat, it is still extremely important and you should take the time to listen to this show.
This week’s show is largely based around elements of my keynote at this year’s Refresh conference. We discuss how the web design community fails to engage with its clients on a business level spending too much time talking about code and design. I challenge us as a community to start talking the language of business and focus our intention on return on investment.
In particular we cover:
- What is return on investment?
- Defining how ROI will be measured.
- The short term and long term aspects of ROI.
- How to maximise your returns.
- The need to look for the simplest solution with the highest return.
In the news…
We have loads of news in this week’s show including:
- The video of my talk at Web2Live.
- The upcoming .net podcast.
- Andy Clarke’s positive encounter with SPAM.
- Research from Yahoo! suggesting that too many calls to the server are the primary cause of site slowdown.
- How Vista overwhelms users with too many choices.
Also in the show…